Welcome to Punjabi University Patiala Online Admissions Portal for Academic Year 2015-16
Online Application-cum-Admission-Forms for admission to various courses offered by Punjabi University Patiala (Patiala Campus and its Regional and Neighbourhood Campuses) for the year 2014-15 will be processed through this On-line system. There are three broad categoeries of courses.
Category I: Postgraduate, Undergraduate, Certificate Courses and Engineering Courses (M. Tech. YCoE, Talwandi Sabo) in which Admission is on the basis of Merit in qualifying Class (No Entrance Test)
The students are advised to follow following two steps:
STEP ONE: Submit the Online Application-cum-Admission Form
STEP TWO: Appear for the interview as per schedule given in
Handbook of Information.
- Category II: Postgraduate Courses in which admission is on the basis Merit in the Entrance Test or National and State Level Entrance Exams
The students seeking admission to M.Ed./ MCA/ M.Tech./ L.L.M./ M.Phil. & Ph.D. courses are advised to follow following four steps.
STEP ONE: Submit the Application-cum-Entrance Test Form ( GATE/ NET/ M. Phil (Punjabi University Entracne Test Qualified)/ UGC etc. have to fill the form compulsorily)
STEP TWO: Download the Admit Card
STEP THREE: Appear in the entrance test
STEP FOUR: Successful candidates to appear for counseling/interview.
Category III: B.Tech. Lateral Entry for Diploma
Holders in 2nd year, Five Years Engineering Management Integrated Programme
(First Year), Lateral Entry in Five Years Engineering Management Integrated Programme (Second
The students are advised to follow following two steps:
STEP ONE: Submit the Application-cum-Admission Form
STEP TWO: Appear for the interview as per schedule given on website.
Application-cum-Admission-Form for all the courses offered by Punjabi University, Patiala at Patiala campus and its Neighbourhood Campuses/Regional Centres can be submitted through following common online procedure.
Step-1 REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
Step-2 Fill Online Application Form
- Open www.pupadmissions.ac.in
- Select the Course Category in which you seek admission
- Fill the Registration Form Online - kindly fill your particulars as Name, Father's Name, Date of Birth, Category (SC/ST or General and all others), Mobile No., e-mail address, etc.
- Make payment using one of the following mode:
a. Online Net Banking
b. Online Debit/Credit Card
c. Pay-in-slip of State Bank of Patiala
d. Punjabi University Cashier Fee Receipt (Patiala Campus only)
(NOTE: In case of c and d take a printout of the Pay-in-slip and deposit the amount in any branch of the concerned bank and in case of ‘d’ with University Cashier.
Candidates must submit their original slips/ receipts through post or personally
to The Coordinator, Centralized Admission Cell, Near Coffee House, Punjabi
University Patiala.Such candidates will be issued User Id and Passwords only
after confirmation of their payment by Centralized Admission Cell.)
- Note down your User id for future use.
This completes your registration process subject to payment confirmation. To
fill your application form please refer to step 2.
Step-3 Edit your Application Form
- Open www.pupadmissions.ac.in and open the Application Form by logging on Apply button in the concerned course category using your User id generated at the end of successful registration
Proceed from Registration Step.
- Fill the Application Form Online and provide information regarding your academic record, reservation category, etc.
- After completion of the Application Form click on SAVE button.
Step-4 Print the Form
- The registered candidates can edit information filled by them in the Application Form for limited period using User id and password issued to them.
- Once the Application Fee payment status is confirmed you will be issued User Id and Password. The intimation about this will be made through SMS/e-mail alerts.
- Candidates making payment using Online Net Banking option or Credit/ Debit Card options will be issued User Id and Password immediately after confirmation of the payment by the gateway.
- Candidates making payment using Pay-in-slip for SBOP or Punjabi University Patiala Cashier Fee Receipt should submit their original slips/ receipts through post or personally to
The Coordinator, Centralized Admission Cell, Near Coffee House, Punjabi University Patiala. Such candidates will be issued User Id and Passwords only after confirmation of their payment by Centralized Admission Cell.
Registered candidates whose payment has been confirmed and who
have successfully completed step 2, can print their application forms for their
personal record, using User Id and Password.
The application fee (without late fee ) for different types of Courses is as follows:
Courses in which Admission is without Entrance Test
1000/- (Rs. 700/- for SC/ ST)
L.L.M. Course (Entrance Test)
1700/- (Rs. 1400/- for SC/ST)
M. Phil/ Ph. D. (Entrance Test)
Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1400/- for SC/ST)
For application submitted after due dates, the late fee will be charged
see IMPORTANT DATES in Handbook of Information)
- No document is to be attached with online application form.
- On the day of interview, the candidates are advised to bring the following documents:-
Printout of the filled online application form
Self attested Photocopies of all certificates regarding
DMC of all examinations,
Character certificate from the institution last attended,
Gap certificate (if any),
Necessary certificate from employer (for employed candidates only),
Residence/ domicile certificate
Certificate for availing the benefit of a reserved category/ additional seat (Latest and signed by the competent issuing authorities).
Any other document supporting
your candidature as per University Online Admission Brochure.
- Size of Photograph and Signature should be less than 20 KB each.
- A Candidate who has appeared in the qualifying examination and his/her result is still awaited, may also apply and can submit his/her admission form online as the case may be. He/She has to update his/her online form whenever he/she gets the result till the date given by Centralized Admission Cell -2014 (it is in the interest of the applicant), otherwise, he/she will be required to submit his/her result at the time of interview.
Professor (Dr.) Balwinder Singh Tiwana,
Centralised Admission Cell,
Landmark: Near Coffee House,
Punjabi University, Patiala 147002
Refer to the Handbook of Information for details of various courses available at Punjabi University, Patiala and its Regional/ Neighbourhood Campuses.
Click Here to
refer to Handbook of Informaton